Personal safety tips are at the forefront of workplace safety and security initiatives. With all of the violent crime occurring in today’s world, we should all take precautions to remain safe. Many police departments and colleges offer self-defense classes for personal safety. In fact, these courses will provide you with risk awareness, risk avoidance, and risk reduction strategies along with self-defense mechanisms. These tools intertwined with the knowledge of personal safety tips are useful beyond measures.
What Are the Best Personal Safety Tips?
- Opening the Business: If possible, two or more employees should unlock the business together. One should stay outside while the other checks the interior. After clearing the area, both may enter the building.
- Closing the Business: Staff should accompany each other to their vehicles, especially at night. If this is not an option, look for a security guard that may be able to walk you out to your vehicle or park in a well-lit area.
- Panic Buttons: Panic buttons should be installed at the front entry point of your business. Also, making sure there is a line of communication at all entry points.
- Bank Deposits: Employees making bank deposits should always go in pairs. If you are alone, vary the times of deposits. Carry the deposit bag in a simple/everyday bag. Never use bank bags as this is apparent for hold-ups.
- Parking & Walk Areas: Make sure all parking areas are well lit at night and early morning. This prevents dark areas for an assailant to hide. Also, keep the building clear of bushes and debris
- Controlling Access: Keep secondary exits locked. Limit secondary exits by marking them as “Emergency Exit Only.”
Why is Personal Safety Tips Important to Follow?
If executed correctly, personal safety tips can save lives in menacing situations. With the crime rate at an all-time high, everyone should be well-versed on how to protect themselves in and out of vulnerable situations. With all employees up to speed on a plan of action in the event of a crisis, the recovery has a higher possibility of being undemanding. Businesses should offer self-defense and incident response classes to keep their employees up to date on personal safety tips for protection. Running drills of these plans will be of immense benefit to all involved in the event of a crisis. Take the time to make sure that Safety comes first! Protect yourselves and each other.
Still Unsure About Personal Safety Tips?
Contact us for more information to make the best decision for your personal safety tips.
email@example.com or 800-533-7201 M-F 8-5 pm CST